I Want To...

Victim Information

Victim Information

Rights & Services for All Crime Victims

  • You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For application and information, call  (888) 622-8799; TTD (651) 205-4827.
  • You have the right to request the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
  • You have the right, if an offender is charged, to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money court ordered from the offender and paid to the victim). If you feel your rights as a victim have been violated, call the State of Minnesota Crime Victim Justice Office at (651) 201-7300, (888) 622-8799; or TTD (651) 205-4827.



Victims of Domestic Assault

  • Please call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to report domestic abuse.
  • You can ask the County Attorney to file a criminal complaint.
  • You also have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an Order For Protection from domestic abuse. The order could include the following:
    • An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse
    • An order directing the abuser to leave your household
    • An order preventing the abuser from entering your home, school, business or place of employment
    • An order rewarding you or the other parent custody of or visitation with your minor child or children
    • An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a court order to do so
  • You also have the right to notification if the prosecution of the case is declined or criminal charges are dismissed.



Please contact Southwest Crisis Center for more information.